The PCCI Tourism Committee is embarking on several activities to support the PCCI INVEST Program and to open up opportunities for the members especially in the region.
- Identify focal person / champion for the tourism sector per chamber that will work closely with the PCCI National Board
- Partnership with the Department of Tourism (DOT), local government units (LGUs) in the identification of specific tourism investment opportunities / projects and in the formulation of tourism master plan in each locality
- In collaboration with the regional office of the DOT, identify tourism investment opportunities in the region that will be showcased in the tourism investment forum / mini exhibit (i.e., wall art gallery of investible projects ) during the area conferences; PCCI shall evaluate the projects that will be included in the catalogue of tourism investible projects and featured in the Investour Forum / Philippine Business Conference
- Publication of a catalogue of tourism investible projects of the different localities
- Grand PCCI-DOT Investour Exhibit cum Business Matching that will coincide with the Philippine Business Conference. The exhibit will showcase the investible projects gathered from the area.
- Identify/ Recommend deserving students qualified to avail of the 50% scholarship grant from Canadian Tourism & Hospitality Institute (CTHI) (website: www.canadiantourisminstitute.com), the first international franchise of the Canadian Tourism College based in Vancouver, Canada. One slot will be given per area.