The National Center for Mediation (NCM) was created in April 21, 2004 by eight (8) of the largest business organizations in the country with a vision of providing the business community an alternative to the litigation process in the resolution of their disputes.
With an understanding of the important role that the business community can contribute to the promotion of alternative dispute resolution in the country, a covenant was signed by heads of these organizations committing that they shall:
• "Actively pursue the promotion of the use and development of alternative dispute resolution among the business sector;
• Strongly advocate our members to state in all their contracts a clause specifying that "in case of any dispute as a result of this contract, the case shall be referred to mediation, prior to arbitration or litigation."
• Push the establishment of Business ADR Units, to be composed of trained professional dispute resolvers, to address the needs of the business sector; and
• Lead in increasing public awareness, acceptance and use of ADR in the Philippines."
The creation of the NCM was done in partnership with the Conflict Resolution Group Foundation, Inc through a grant by the USAID and The Asia Foundation.
The NCM was formally registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 23, 2007 as a non-stock, non-profit association.
The NCM is now located at the 3rd Floor, Commerce and Industry Plaza Bldg., 1030 Campus Avenue corner Park Avenue, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, Metro Manila
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
a. Mr. Sergio Ortiz-Luiz
b. Atty. Miguel Varela
c. Mr. John K. Tan
d. Mr. Jesus Arranza
e. Mr. Edgardo Lacson
f. Mr. Edgar O. Chua
g. Mr. Jesus Pineda
h. Mr. Enrique Abadesco
OFFICERS AND STAFF
• Mr. Apolinar Aure - Mediation Committee Chairman, PCCI & Executive DIrector, NCM
• Mr. Edwin Glindro - Project Director, NCM
• Ms. Mia Corpus - Principal ADR Consultant
• Ms. Apple Alejandro - Project Officer
There are three (3) commitees which are represented by at least one (1) officer from the NCM Convenors
• Advocacy Committee
• Finance Committee
• Operations Committee
VISION AND MISSION
The center that provides the nation’s leading association of professional mediators in resolving conflicts and disputes.
In pursuit of social harmony and economic progress, the association is committed to promote and develop mediation as the primary recourse to any conflict and dispute resolution using the highest standards of professional practice.
NATIONAL CENTER FOR MEDIATION
3rd Floor, Commerce and Industry Plaza Bldg.,
1030 Campus Avenue corner Park Avenue,
McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio,
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Trunk line No.: (632) 846-8196 loc. 132