We are pleased to announce that the 3rd Myanmar Green Energy Summit is scheduled to be held at Sule Shangri-La Hotel, Yangon, Myanmar from 17-18 August 2015.
Harnessing Industry Corporation for A Sustainable Future
In the middle of the fastest growing region in the world – East Asia, Myanmar holds great promise as the next big market. Notwithstanding its plentiful hydroelectricity resources and incredibly rich cache of biodiversity, Myanmar faces unique and daunting set of energy access and security challenges.
In the realm of energy access and energy poverty, the official electrification rate of Myanmar is at 13 percent and a majority of households with close to 95% depend on solid fuels such as wood and rice husk for cooking and heating. In the rural context, the national power grid network covers only 7 percent of the country, meaning millions of people are deprived of access to electricity services for enhancing their livelihood requirements.
Most parts of Myanmar are far off the national grid with no legacy of fossil power generation. Flexible, decentralized community-based renewable energy systems like solar and micro-hydro are therefore the best way to power th countryside.
Hosted by the Republic of Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry (UMFCCI), the 2nd series of the Myanmar Green Energy Summit 2015 (MGES 2015) will once again bring together foreign investors from over 25 countries to gather in Yangon; get updated on the new market directions, opportunities and economic priorities of the Myanmar’s green and renewable energy sectors at the same to build potential business networks with the local industry players.
- A High Calibre Summit
- The Comprehensive Services Showcase
- Business Matching Meetings
- International Pavilions
Summary Of Discussion Areas
- Myanmar’s 15 Years Power Development Plan
- Financing Options For Green Energy In Myanmar
- Hydropower as Long-Term Energy Security for Myanmar
- Optimizing Operational Solar in Myanmar Energy Mix
- Wind Power Potentials and Initiatives
- Transmission Planning in Myanmar Towards Sustainability
- Hybrid Distributed Energy in Remote Rural Areas
Benefits Of Attending MGES 2015
- Unrivalled access to a target audience of energy producers, consultants, engineers, manufacturers, agents, distributors, policy makers, regulators and captains of the industry
- A flagship event to exchange ideas with the industry experts while being updated on the latest policies, regulations and developments of Myanmar’s green energy industry
- Explore investment opportunities in Myanmar
- A platform for networking and establishing contacts for future business collaborations